October 20, 2023 10:00am - October 20, 2023 4:00pm
Council Meeting October 20, 2023, 10:00 a.m.
DES Building - Room 1213
1500 Jefferson St SE, Olympia, WA 98504
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Review and Approve Agenda
3. Review and Approve Minutes
4. Public Comment on Items Not on The Agenda
5. Local Amendments
6. Discuss Potential Changes to the SBCC Bylaws, Policies and Procedures:
- Filing during 2021 Code Adoption Cycle
- Filing during the 2018 Code Adoption Cycle
- State Building Code Adoption Around the Country
- 2024 Code Review and Adoption Schedule Draft
- 2024-2026 ICC Code Development Schedule
- 2024 Code Review and Adoption Schedule Draft without Group 1 Group 2 separation 10132023
- Proposed changes to the SBCC Bylaws for discussion Revised 10172023
- Determine the most appropriate time period for code adoption and amendments to the adopted codes.
- Pros and cons for combining TAGs and limiting the number of TAG members.
- Pros and cons for Group 1/Group 2 adoption.
- Importance of BFP and MVE committees.
- WA custom codes vs. insert pages.
- Adoption by reference vs. adoption of technical provisions in WAC 51.
- Approve the preliminary schedule for the 2024 code adoption cycle.
7. Provisions for Family Home Childcare in IRC, IBC, and IFC: TAG Approved Draft for Consideration to move to CR-102 and public comment period.
- 2021 IRC 331 20231004
- 2021 IRC 331 20231013 Proposed Edits to BFP
- WAC 100-300-166 Emergency Preparation and Exiting Current
- Dave Kokot Testimony
8. Request for new emergency rule: Ken Brouillette - 2018 IFC, Chapters 12 and 80
9. Discuss public concerns with the 2021 WUI Code
10. Energy Code Amendments - Staff Report
11. Other Business
12. Staff Report
- SBCC Budget
- Public Record Requests
- Training Opportunities for Council Members.
1500 Jefferson Street SE
Olympia, WA 98501